Everyone,

It's been a pleasure seeing many familiar names and faces during the National Humanities Conference this week. The MoMS team hopes that you are all doing well! We all look forward to a time when we can be together in person in the near future.

To everyone that has helped make the first season of the "Smithsonian's Stories from Main Street" podcast a success, thank you. If you haven't had a chance to listen, we invite you to check out our latest episode. Today, we launched the final episode of our first season. This episode, titled "Worth Saving," looks at why Americans think it is important to preserve water resources. Since the beginning of September, we've been exploring water stories collected from across the nation. Since the debut of Water/Ways in 2016, MoMS has heard from hundreds of Americans about the important role water plays in their lives. This season has taken us from Hawaii to Maine and from intimate stories of personal connections to water to fun stories of playing in mud and even swimming with an alligator.

If you like what you hear, please share us with a friend! We're closing in on having listeners in every state, so we'd love to have a subscriber in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, North Dakota and Wyoming. My shameless request: If you know someone in one of those states who might enjoy the podcast, please let them know! We've also gained listeners in 28 other countries, so we're floored by the international interest.

We'll be starting development of our second season soon for a release in summer 2021, so stay tuned. We'll have many more voices and some surprises as we explore the themes from the Crossroads exhibition. You can subscribe to the podcast using your favorite app or service. We're on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, Outcast, and most major services. Or, just stop by our website to listen at https://museumonmainstreet.org/podcast.

Thanks!
Robbie

Robbie Davis
Project Director, Museum on Main Street
Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service
PO Box 37012 MRC 941
Washington, DC 20013-7012
202-633-5335