External Email - Exercise Caution
Hi, Amanda - we have a site location 'Not Found' for when items are first not located during inventory or otherwise.  After there has been an initial search, which our staff have 3 business days to conduct, the item has to be reported as 'Missing' and a search file opened documenting steps taken to find it.  The item is then moved to Site 'Missing.'

If the item is 'not found' during an inventory, they do NOT complete an inventory confirmation transaction.  If it is found again, then it is moved to its new, confirmed location and also given a 'confirmed' inventory transaction at that location.

Kim Koons
Kimberly Koons, Museum Collections Officer
Division of Museum Services
National Archives & Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, D.C.    20408
NARA mobile: 301-832-0321

I am curious if others have created a location authority in TMS for those items that are not located or found during inventory or during regularly scheduled object retrieval (for exhibitions, loan consideration, etc.)? If so, can you share how you manage this and how this looks in your database?

Many thanks,

Amanda

To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following commands in the body of the email: