External Email - Exercise Caution

Hello all,

(Forgive the cross-posting for anyone on the MCN listserv as well...)

For those museums who have dedicated Collections Information staff and departments, would you be willing/able to share your institution's org chart with respect to CI (position titles only, no names), including which division the department reports up to? I am beginning to build my case for growing the team here at FAMSF, and while I have a good sense of what sort of help I need to ask for and how best to suggest positioning it within the institution, I'm curious how collections information has structurally built out in other museums. How much support staff, is there a dedicated budget, what's the institutional focus and priority with regards to CI, etc?

Thanks for anything anyone is able and willing to share,
Adele

Adele Barbato
Collections Information Manager

de Young \ Legion of Honor
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
Golden Gate Park \ 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive \ San Francisco, CA 94118

c\ 860 534 0419 (currently preferred)
w\ 415 750 8938