Greetings All,

It is with great pleasure that I am writing to invite MoMS hosts to participate in our Coming Home: Stories from Main Street program for 2022 – 2023!

The goal of Coming Home: Stories from Main Street is for youth to work with cultural organizations in their community to make a digital storytelling project. Youth learn about primary source research using local resources and develop 21st Century skills such as critical thinking and problem solving. The result is an impressive community engagement program that helps young people work closely with adults, demonstrate their skills and creativity, and build local interest and discussion. Local stories truly do matter to people!

This is an excellent opportunity for organizations that would benefit from developing stronger relationships with youth programs or schools. Youth projects become a part of MoMS’ Stories from Main Street program and are distributed via the Museum on Main Street website. If you are interested, a Letter of Intent is due by May 9th and an application is due by June 3rd. The application package is attached to this email.

For more information on Coming Home: Stories from Main Street, please contact me, Sydney Thatcher, the Youth Programs Coordinator at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>; 973-617-7485. I am happy to help any interested community and walk them through the process of creating a proposal. For additional information on the program and to view other great projects from young people, please visit our website's Coming Home: Stories from Main Street page at: https://museumonmainstreet.org/ComingHome.

Thank you,

Sydney

Sydney Thatcher
Youth Programs Coordinator
Museum on Main Street, Smithsonian Institution
M: 973-617-7485