External Email - Exercise Caution

Hi Thomas,

Really appreciate the ideas to be checked!

-Yes – I can ping the SQL server from my Terminal server session (and just a week ago, an earlier version of TMS client was working fine with the same SQL Server from this same Terminal server)

-Yes – On GS suggestion, we temporarily stopped the firewall and the AV services on the server, to see if that would help (it did not)

-Yes – we have installed the 2021r2 client on a desktop Windows 10 pc – and it is able to connect and go to the main screen and execute a search, without automatically quitting

Here’s one “clue” perhaps – DB Config utility installed along with Client works fine from the Terminal Server!  So clearly it’s talking to the database server OK.

Thanks again for the good suggestions.

-Steve

Steve Rothman, Peabody Museum, SysAdmin