External Email - Exercise Caution
Thanks Molly!  I'll look into truck driver training schools for our next tour.

On Thu, Oct 5, 2023, 2:11 PM Molly McMillan <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
External Email - Exercise Caution
Hi Mary,

In Mississippi, we’ve had a lot of luck partnering with our state’s community colleges, many of whom have trucking programs as part of their schools. We typically offer to cover gas and meals for the driver(s), as long as they provide the truck and the people. Usually it’s a win-win, as it gives the students experience driving and seeing how a “real” transport operates.

Molly McMillan
Program Officer
Mississippi Humanities Council
P: 601-432-6752