This is a course that will familiarize you with modern, commercial drycleaning stain removal practice in the United States. DLI has been an active association of drycleaners for a long time: its president’s office has a nice oil painting of W.J. Stoddard,* painted from life long ago. That said, the trainers will be familiar with what is and is not currently feasible (legal) in the US; the trainer will also know how the reagents for a stain might be affected by subsequent cleaning methods used to clean the rest of the garment.

Mary

* W. J. Stoddard and Lloyd E. Jackson invented Stoddard solvent or “white spirit” in 1924. Stoddard was an Atlanta drycleaner!

From: DLI Education <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2024 10:00 AM
To: Ballard, Mary <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Register for virtual stain removal course

External Email - Exercise Caution

Register by April 19 for New
Virtual Stain Removal Course

No Travel Required. Course Completely Online.

Course Schedule

DLI will offer a Virtual Stain Removal course from April 30 – May 21, 2024. The course will run over seven, two-hour sessions that take place two days each week.

Course: Virtual Stain Removal
Location: Online
Schedule:  Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Eastern for four successive weeks: April 30, May 2, 7, 9, 14, 16 & 21.
Note: Course is comprised of all dates.

Space is limited to a maximum of 20 students. A short break will be offered about halfway through each session.

Non-Members: $695
Budget Members: $495
International Members: $495
Standard Members: $394 (20% discount)
Gold Members: $297 (40% discount)
Premier Members: Free

Topics

  • Removing coffee, ink, grease, and other stains from clothing.
  • Identifying cotton, silk, polyester, and other fabrics.
  • Using bleaches without damaging the fabric color.
  • Using specialty products such as digesters, amyl acetate, and acetone in stain removal.
  • Identifying fibers and fabric construction.

DLI’s next Virtual Stain Removal Course will take place September 20 - October 11. Students receive an assortment of different stains along with multiple samples of various fibers and fabric types. The textbook serves as a handy reference guide after the course.

Students who took the Virtual Stain Removal Course said:

  • “This was one the most informal and helpful classes I have ever taken. The knowledge that Mr. Brian Johnson provided made my job so much easier. Special thanks to Brian Johnson!”
  • “I did not have a problem with the three-hour format. Brian made the class informative and enjoyable.”
  • "I was very lucky that I took this course because I learned about many things like fabrics and how to remove stains from different kinds of material. And also, new vocabulary because I’m a Spanish speaker, and my English is basic. I enjoyed every single class. Brian answered all the questions I asked."

Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 800-638-2627

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

LinkedIn

Website

Email

Copyright © 2024 Drycleaning & Laundry Institute, All rights reserved.
You received this message as part of your membership with DLI.

Our mailing address is:

Drycleaning & Laundry Institute

14700 Sweitzer Ln

Laurel, MD 20707-5904