Here's the first of several training opportunities that have arrived in my
inbox in the last couple of weeks...

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/15 2:01 AM >>>

| From: <[log in to unmask]>
| Date:  Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:44:54 -0500
| Subject:  FW: EETAP's Online EE courses
|

| Greetings!!!
|
| There are still spots available in the fall 2005 "Fundamentals of
Environmental Education" and "Applied EE Program Evaluation" on-line course
offerings.  The Environmental Education and Training Partnership (EETAP) and
the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point would appreciate your assistance
in getting the word out to your EE networks about these upcoming educational
opportunities. More information about these courses can be found at
www.uwsp.edu/natres/rwilke/eetap

| Applied Environmental Education Program Evaluation - NEW online course
|
| This 10-week on-line course entitled "Applied Environmental Education
Program Evaluation," will be offered this fall (September 12-November 18th,
2005) through the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.  The course is
designed to assist environmental educators and natural resource
professionals in evaluating their education programs. Participants have the
opportunity to develop and apply skills in designing evaluation tools such
as surveys, observation forms, and interview and focus group guides.  This
cou| rse was developed as a cooperative effort between the Environmental
Education and Training Partnership (EETAP) at the University of
Wisconsin-Stevens Point and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
National Conservation Training Center.  Participants may obtain three
undergraduate or graduate credits from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens
Point.  All participants, regardless of location, are eligible for the
in-state tuition rate.  The course is also offered as a no
n-credit workshop for those who are | not seeking college credit.

| "Thank you for such a great opportunity in on-line learning.  I really
liked the class format, course information and Lyn's (course instructor)
comments on assignments." - Spring 2005 AEEPE course participant

| For more information, please visit www.eetap.org and click on "Online EE
Courses" or contact Angela Arkin at [log in to unmask] for a registration
form.

| Please act quickly the preference registration deadline for the fall
course is August 12, 2005.

| To learn more visit the EETAP website at http://www.eetap.org/ and click
on "On-line EE Courses."

| Fundamentals of Environmental Education Online Course
|
| A 10-week online course about the fundamentals of environmental education
will be offered this fall (September 12 - November 18, 2005). The course is
appropriate for both classroom teachers and for non-formal educators who
work with students and/or teachers. Participants may obtain three
undergraduate or graduate credits from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens
Point. All students, regardless of location, are eligible for the in-state
tuition rate. The course is also offered at a reduced cost for those who|
are not interested in obtaining college credit.

| The "Fundamentals of Environmental Education" online course was developed
by the Environmental Education and Training Partnership (EETAP) in
collaboration with national EE experts.  It provides educators with the
knowledge and skills necessary to incorporate quality environmental
education into their instruction. Participants discuss the history,
definition, and goals of environmental education; develop an understanding
of the professional roles and instructional methods of environmental
educators; and int| eract with other educators from across the country. Past
course participants have given the course excellent reviews.

| "This is an excellent course--I have already signed up to take Evaluation
next semester.  I've been a zoo educator for 23 years, and I found this
course very valuable.  Thanks so much for a very stimulating experience! "-
Fall 2004 FEE course participant