From:
Brenda Podemski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 13:38:26 -0700
Hello Emily,

Thank you very much for your reply (and for your and your colleagues' bravery in permitting a live demonstration of your eMuseum site at the TMS-WUG conference last month!).  It looks great.

I'm curious about why you no longer include the exhibition history - we are planning to start out with primarily core object/maker information, but looking at adding bibliography, exhibition history, and provenance in "Phase II" of our efforts.  Were there difficulties with including this information?

Also, I wonder if any of your staff also use the public site?  We've been intrigued to learn that many of our staff routinely search our on-line collections (http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/) to do quick look-ups because they may use the Collection Search ("Google box") to find what they're looking for (a coveted feature of eMuseum).  I've also heard from Boston MFA that their staff use both eMuseum and TMS, using the former for searching and the latter for updating.

Best,

Brenda

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~
Brenda Podemski
Business Applications Administrator
Collections Information
The J. Paul Getty Museum

v.  310-440-7087  |  f.  310-440-7752  |  w. www.getty.edu

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/11/06 9:07 AM >>>
Brenda,

The Brigham Young University Museum of Art has used eMuseum since 2001.
It has been implemented for public use, not as an intranet. We have only
used the out-of-the-box features of eMuseum. In the past, we have had
the exhibition module on eMuseum (past, present, and future
exhibitions), but right now we only have the object fields online, with
a basic and advanced search. We haven't included any additional search
fields, but plan to do so soon. If you have any further questions, let
me know. If you'd like to view our site, go to
http://bennion.byu.edu/code/emuseum.asp. Good luck with your
implementation of eMuseum. We have been quite happy with the product.

Emily Poulsen
Registrar
BYU Museum of Art

<snip>