From:
"Essam, Gillian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:57:23 -0000
The National Gallery, London has created generic Constituent records in
TMS for attribution of paintings to anonymous artists. For example
'German', or 'Italian, Florentine'. We enter the name in Constituent
record  Display Name, Last Name and AlpaSort fields. We do not enter any
dates in the Constituent Display Date field - instead we enter a date or
date range in the Object record Display Date field.

We have also created a Constituent record called 'Unknown' which we use
during any procedure (loans in, loans out etc) where the artist (or
lender, or exhibition venue) is NOT YET KNOWN but will be established
during the procedure.

Gillian Essam
Collection Information Manager
The National Gallery