Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Museum System (TMS) Users" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Percival, Anthony" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:59:16 -0500
Lucille Stiger

Our institution has also just adopted TMS and we are going through the
process of configuring and implementing the software.  The terminology we
have adopted is as follows:

        Overall Conditions:
                Excellent
                Excellent, No damage / deterioration
                Excellent, Normal sign of wear
                Good
                Good, Slight damage / deterioration
                Good, Slight damage / deterioration, Dirty
                Good, Dirty
                Good, Dirty, Dog-eared
                Good, Dog-eared
                Good, Dirty, Minor tears
                Good, Minor tears
                Fair
                Fair, Problems more severe
                Fair, Handling concerns
                Poor
                Poor, Unstable
                Poor, Handling / exhibit not recommended
                Poor, Needs immediate attention

All our processes begin as paper forms that are filled out and then are
entered into TMS so this terminology is based upon the four criteria with a
second series of refinements and finally a condition note for greater
detail.

Anthony Percival
Registrar
St. Catharines Museum
Economic Development & Tourism Services, City of St. Catharines

Email:  [log in to unmask]
Website:  www.stcatharineslock3museum.ca
Phone:  905-984-8880 ext.240
Fax:  905-984-6910