From:
Jen Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:48:57 -0500
Hi, Ashley:
Along with experiementing with Object templates, I would try the Function
Key Sets (Tools > Function Keys) -- we use them extensively (you can have
specific sets for different departments or data entry tasks) and have had
good results using them to remind typists of required standards in
particular fields. For example, even if a catalogue raisonne entry needs to
be customized, a function key can contain the template of what's required
and the preferred citation format and thereby prompt effectively and
consistently. (This works well along with your own guidelines for data entry
standards.)

As for the lack of search/replace fields, I'm using TMS 9.35 Ver 2 and find
more than 100 field options in the Objects Module alone. Not exactly "a
few"? But as previous comments indicated, custom SQL scripts are very useful
for batch modifications.

Good luck!

Jennifer W. Smith
J. Whitley Smith Consulting - Art Catalogues and Collection Management
715 Lake Street, Suite 500
Oak Park, IL 60301
(708) 445-9101 tel
(708) 445-0288 fax