MARINESCI-ED Archives

May 2006

MARINESCI-ED@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
James Wharton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marine Science Educators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 12:19:49 -0400

The FMSEA Board has now been added to the SE listserv (except for Howard,
the server doesn't seem to care for him). Feel free to greet them however
you feel it appropriate.

Just to see if everything is working, I'd like to ask the Board members to
send a test message to the list. Nothing boring like "test." Send a marine
biology fact or an up-coming event or something of substance. Howard can
play if he likes, but we're still trying to figure out what he did to offend
the computer.

Here's my fact: Manatees can cause localized temperature disturbances that,
while momentarily enjoyable when swimming in a cold canal, leave you feeling
"dirty" afterwards.

Jim Wharton
SMSFP