MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Jack Shortlidge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 12:02:16 -0500
Hi Stephanie,  In Ohio we have two state scholars for New Harmonies,
Howard and Judy Sacks, both on the faculty at Kenyon College.  Howard is
a sociologist and Judy is a folklorist, and they co-directed a community
folk music festival, The Gambier Folk Festival, for 25 years.   I guess
this is a long-winded way of saying that a scholar (or scholars) who has
done work with folk music traditions in your state or region should
certainly be suitable for New Harmonies.

Best,
Jack Shortlidge
Ohio Humanities Council