MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Darrell Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 09:53:43 -0400
Message

Hello Alex,

We are about to enter our second MoMS exhibition tour here in NC. If you
wish, you can call us babies of the bunch in this endeavor. New Harmonies
toured in 2010. We had each of the sites pay a fee towards the shipping of
the crates – pick-up and delivery. The trucking company that we contracted
did a wonderful job and it allowed the Council the comfort of knowing that
our maiden voyage with MoMS had one important loose end covered. Yeah, the
price could be said to be “gut-punching,” but in the long run we were fine
with paying after each delivery. For this iteration of the Journey Stories
exhibition we have each of the sites taking on the responsibility of
pick-up and delivery from the previous site to their location. All except
one of the five have decided to contract with one single trucking company.
I will send in a separate e-mail a scanned copy of the contract we signed
with the trucking company for the 2010 New Harmonies tour.

Good Luck

Darrell D. Stover

Program Director

North Carolina Humanities Council

122 N. Elm St., Suite 601

Greensboro, NC  27401

(336) 334-5723

www.nchumanities.org

[image: Description: Blue on white horizontal sig]