MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
"Harsh, Carol" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2013 19:33:56 +0000
Dear State Humanities Council colleagues:

Due to our long relationship with state humanities councils through the Museum on Main Street program, SITES is delighted to once again send to each of your councils a free set of posters that celebrate our country's rich cultural heritage.

Based on the traveling exhibition by the same name, I Want the Wide American Earth: An Asian Pacific American Story, SITES developed these educational posters with the Smithsonian's Asian Pacific American Center in order to bring a greater understanding of the many ways that Asian Pacific Americans have enriched our country.

The set of eight posters can be viewed at the embedded link below.

http://www.sites.si.edu/asianPacificAmericanPosters/index.htm

The posters will be distributed by our partners Teaching Tolerance and the American Library Association and should arrive by the end of the month.  There is no cost for the posters and you don't need to do anything to receive them.

We would, however, love to hear from you as you decide how to best use these posters.  It is our hope that you will find a good home for them and that they will be instrumental in highlighting and celebrating the Asian Pacific culture in your state. Digital resources are also available on line for teachers and communities to use.

Enjoy!

The MoMS team