MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
"Harsh, Carol" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:25:09 -0500
Happy New Year!

First, we want to thank you for your tremendous response to our survey of exhibition proposals for the next MoMS exhibition.  Your comments were rich and insightful.  We also sent surveys to all of the communities that have hosted a MoMS exhibition in the last couple of years and had a huge response from them, as well.

In the end, it was a pretty level playing field, none of the proposals stood out as the clear front runner, but instead we had passionate expressions of interest for all of them.  After studying the surveys, working through the feasibility of each of the proposals, and the timeline for the development, we picked...drum roll, please..."Hometown Sports".

We are pulling together an curatorial advisory committee that will meet in late February to begin conceptualizing the exhibition themes and outline.  Our plan is to launch the new tour in March, 2013.

So, strap on your running shoes, pull your baseball bat out of the closet, put on your football pads, and get ready for what promises to be a wonderful look at sports in society and the role it plays in small towns across America. It's a wonderful story to tell!

Go team!

Carol