From:
Peggy Derrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:20:41 -0600
Good question: it doesn't have that shiny, slippery look I associate with
horsehair, plus I can see the woven cotton backing in one place--that is
clearly not horsehair. I feel like this finish was applied or painted onto
one side of a brushed cotton cloth.

Peggy Derrick, Curator

La Crosse County Historical Society

P.O. 1272