From:
Kate Sahmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:14:35 -0400
*The American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
(AIC) and the *

*Canadian Association for Conservation (CAC-ACCR) will hold a joint
conference in Montreal, Canada, May 13-17, 2016 *

Fifty years after the Arno River breached its banks, AIC and CAC-ACCR will
commemorate the remarkable response by the cultural community to the damage
inflicted on Florenceā€™s treasures by hosting a meeting with the theme
*Emergency!
Preparing for Disasters and Confronting the Unexpected in Conservation.*

In recognition of the tremendous efforts of those who contributed their
time and expertise to assist in recovery efforts, AIC will present all
living North American responders, including Mud Angels, conservators,
conservation scientists, and scholars, with Certificates of Appreciation
during a Closing Ceremony on Tuesday, May 17.  Please encourage any
responders you know to contact AIC as soon as possible.  Even if they are
unable to travel to Montreal, we would like to include them in a roll call
at the Ceremony and send them a Certificate of Appreciation.

To show our gratitude to as many responders as possible, AIC will offer
complimentary 2016 Annual Meeting registrations for all participants in the
Ceremony.  Please help us spread the word!  We would like to be able to
honor as many responders as possible. If you are or know of a Mud Angel,
conservator, conservation scientist, or scholar, who was involved in
emergency response following the Florence Flood, please contact Ruth Seyler
at [log in to unmask] We will follow up on contact information
and handle registration for those who can attend the meeting. In addition,
if you have images of your recovery efforts after the Florence flood,
please contact Ruth Seyler. We would like to show as many images during the
May 17th event as time and technology allow.

We hope that our colleagues will, once again, respond to a call on behalf
of heritage preservation. On May 17, they will have an opportunity to
briefly share a memory and allow AIC to honor their work.

With thanks,

Peggy Holben Ellis
AIC Program Chair