From:
"Ennes, Anne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:09:16 -0400
I wanted to share this sad news with my fellow conservators.  My
predecessor and former textile conservator, Deborah (Deby) Carolyn Bellman,
67, of Charles Town, WV passed away Monday, April 11, 2016 after a long
battle with Alzheimer’s.

In 1986 she was hired by the Museum Conservation Division of the National
Park Service, Harpers Ferry Center. Included in National Park exhibits
throughout the country, her textile treatments involved numerous flags,
Civil War uniforms and period clothing, from Lincoln’s frock coat to
Custer’s flag from Little Big Horn. The onset of Alzheimer’s led to her
reluctant retirement after 24 years.  She greatly enjoyed her work and
coworkers.

--
Anne Ennes
Conservator