From:
Judith Eisenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:31:59 -0500
Hi Nancie,

If I didn't have my own conservation practice here in NYC I'd apply for the
position you have advertised.  First, I would love the opportunity to work
with you, second you have a great collection, and third my daughter and her
family now live in Charlotte (on Spear Street) and my grand daughter goes
to day care in Shelburne.  I have visited with them twice since they moved
to Charlotte in August, and although I've wanted to visit with you, have
not been able to schedule in the time. Perhaps on my next visit there,
which may be in January.

Hope you are well.  Wishing you and your family happy holidays and a great
new year.

Warm regards,
Judith

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Nancie Ravenel <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Apologies for cross posting:
>

> The Shelburne Museum is seeking a textile conservator with a strong
> interest in preventive conservation for a two-year full time position.
>

> The conservator will undertake a variety of projects related to the
> treatment of objects in the floor cover, bed cover, and upholstered
> artifact collections and ongoing preventive conservation initiatives.  For
> all treatments, the textile conservator will take documentary photographs
> and write condition reports, treatment proposals and treatment reports. The
> conservator will train and supervise volunteers to assist with preparation
> of large textiles for exhibition and other appropriate textile conservation
> related tasks. The conservator will also participate in ongoing projects
> related to integrated pest management, the efficient and proper operation
> of the exhibition and storage area HVAC systems and exhibition lighting
> systems. The conservator will become familiar with established lab
> procedures for health and safety and help maintain conservation
> documentation and treatment files and conservation databases. The
> conservator will work with the registrars and art handlers to improve
> exhibition and storage conditions for the collection, conduct practical
> research that informs conservation treatment as appropriate, and contribute
> to Shelburne’s public outreach program.
>

> The conservator will be joining a conservation department with two staff
> conservators: an objects conservator and a preventative
> conservator/conservation administrator.   The lab is equipped with suction
> discs and a suction table, a Wild binocular microscope, and a Leitz
> research microscope with polarizing light and UV light attachments.
>

> Qualifications for this position include a Master’s Degree in Conservation
> or equivalent training with a specialization in textiles and minimum
> treatment experience of 3 years beyond conservation training.
>

> Candidates for the position should have good communication skills, the
> ability to work well as a member of a team, and be a member of AIC, IIC, or
> other appropriate conservation organization. They should be creative
> problem-solvers, flexible, and adaptable with a positive attitude.
>

> Competitive salary and generous benefits to include medical and dental
> insurance.
>

> Applications should consist of a letter of interest, CV, and contact
> information for three references and should be sent to Nancie Ravenel at
> [log in to unmask] by January 20, 2015.
>

> Nancie Ravenel
>
> Objects Conservator
>
> Shelburne Museum
>
> 5555 Shelburne Rd.
>
> Shelburne, VT 05482
>
> (802)985-0889

*Judith EisenbergNY Textile Conservation, LLC135 West 29th Street Suite
203New York, NY [log in to unmask]