From:
Gail Niinimaa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:20:51 -0600
Hello,

I am trying to post a job listing to the distribution list on behalf of the
Fashion Institute of Technology and it was rejected since I am not a member.
I  copied the posting at the bottom of this email Please let me know if it
will be possible to have this posted to the list. Thank you for your help.

VINCENT IGNERI

Advertising Associate

393 Jericho Tpke., Suite 300

Mineola, NY 11501

T: 516.739.1320  Ext: 104

F: 516.739.0340

www.creativemediaagency.com

email.

Fashion Institute of Technology - Conservation Technologist - The Museum at
FIT

Thank you for considering Fashion Institute of Technology in your search.

Category: Other

Department: Museum Conservation Laboratory (520)

Locations: New York, NY

Type: Staff Full Time

About Fashion Institute of Technology:

The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of
New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business
and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications
for the position of Conservation Technologist for the Museum at FIT.

Job Description:

The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of
New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business
and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications
for the position of Conservation Technologist for the Museum at FIT.

The Conservation Technologist will provide general support for the
activities of the Conservation department in the Museum at FIT. Job duties
include assisting with the general care and preservation of the museum's
costume, textile, and accessory collections and assisting with the
examination and preparation of condition reports for new acquisitions of
museum objects. The Conservation Technologist will assist with the
preparation, installation, maintenance, and de-installation of the museum's
costume exhibitions and the ordering of conservation supplies and the
maintenance of the Conservation Lab and its equipment. They will, under
supervision, be responsible for preparation of museum collection objects for
storage, including vacuuming and labeling and will assist in the
construction of mounts, storage containers, and hangars for costume and
textile objects.

This is a general description and is not to be construed as all-inclusive.

Requirements:

Minimum requirements are a Bachelor's degree in conservation or museum
studies (Master's is preferred) and at least one year of related
professional experience working with a costume collection in a museum
setting; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively
both independently and as part of a large team, the ability to effectively
multi-task on multiple projects concurrently, excellent organizational
skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software, and the ability to
learn the Museum at FIT's collections management system as well as a
familiarity with, or ability to learn, the TMS museum collections database.
Preferred candidates will also evidence the desire and ability to learn and
keep current with the latest developments in conservation practices.

Additional Information:

Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00 p.m.

Salary: $46,915 per annum (Schedule 91/0)

Application Instructions:

For consideration, please submit the following documents online::

* Resume

* Cover letter

* A list of three professional references with telephone numbers and email
addresses

Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your
submitted application material.

Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are
unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her
application status.

For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at:
http://www.fitnyc.edu

For more information about the Museum at FIT, please visit the museum's
website at http://fitnyc.edu/3662.asp

FIT has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and is an
affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.