From:
Chad Petrovay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:57:55 -0400
Unless you use SQL, you will have to touch each of the existing records.
Since Description is a free-text field, you can easily use function keys,
to quickly and easily add the text with a single keystroke. This only works
for free-field fields.

If the records do not exist, you can create a single shell record with all
the commonly shared field values, then copy that record across a range of
numbers. Afterwards, you can revisit each record and update the record with
unique information.

If you are not planning to create all the records in a single go, you can
create a template record that contains the shell information. Then you can
create new records, as needed from the template.

Function keys, copying records, and template records are all documented in
the TMS help file.