From:
Ethan Kalfus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2016 15:12:08 +0000
Also have a look at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49999  It is essentially the same information, but refers to SP3 – always good to be on the latest service pack.  Just be sure to download the 32-bit version of the driver – “X86 Package”.

Regarding the Windows 10 path limit, it may not be rescinded for all applications: “ "Enabling NTFS long paths will allow manifested win32 applications and Windows Store applications to access paths beyond the normal 260 char limit per node. Enabling this setting will cause the long paths to be accessible within the process."”  So you may run into scenarios that still suffer from the old limitation.  As well, you may need to set a group policy or do a Registry hack to enable this feature.  It seems to be a work in progress and perhaps MS will make it more widely available in future Windows updates.

Best,
Ethan