From:
"Aylsworth, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:42:07 -0600
Hi Jeri and Amber,

One of the things that it does NOT do, though, is search the alternate
names by the fields that you enter information into.  At least I can't
set it up to do it the way that we think is logical.

For instance, I have an alternate name broken out into First Name = Joe,
Last Name = Blow (Of course, his main constituent name is "Joseph
Blowsalot").  Everything works great when I use the Find Constituent to
search "Keyfield = Blow".  If I do that, I get the record for "Joseph
Blowsalot".

It falls apart, though, if I use the Find Constituent and search by
"Last Name = Blow".  That will NOT return the record for "Joseph
Blowsalot", even though I clearly have "Blow" in the alternate name Last
Name field.

I'm probably not making much sense.  I actually had Dimitry exasperated
by the time I got him to understand what I was trying to say, but it
remains one of those things that seems like it SHOULD work, but doesn't.
Not being a programmer, it seems like a simple fix to have the FIND
OBJECT search Alternate Names by fields other than just Keyfields, but
it probably isn't..

David

David Aylsworth

Collections Registar