From:
"Shepherd, Rupert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 14:25:51 +0000
Dear colleagues

I’m looking for an experienced documentation / collection information officer to come and help me knock the National Gallery’s systems into shape – particularly TMS (we’re currently on 2016v R2), where several modules need to be reconfigured to match current procedures, others need to be set up from scratch, and we need to update and improve our written guidelines and our training framework. If you’re interested, there are further details below …

With best wishes

Rupert

Rupert Shepherd, PhD FSA
Collection Information Manager
Tel: +44 (0)20 7747 5921

Collection Information Officer
The National Gallery

Department:      Curatorial
Salary:                   £29,500 pa
Type:                     Fixed Term Full-Time
Closing date:      4 December 2018
Interview date: week beginning Monday 7th January
Job ref:                 1706

The National Gallery seeks an experienced museum documentation or collection information officer to help us review our procedures, reconfigure and extend our collections management system to support our evolving workflows and workload, and support and train the system’s users.

You will have extensive experience of working with museum documentation and/or collection information, of administering the front end of a sophisticated modern digital collections management system, and of providing user training, guidance and support for digital systems. You will be able to analyse complex technical and procedural problems, identify solutions, and deliver them across a complex and busy organisation.

We hold the United Kingdom’s national collection of Western European old master paintings, telling the story of European art, masterpiece by masterpiece. You will join us as we deliver an ambitious programme to increase the richness and depth of the digital collection information that we record and use internally, and share with our public - at the same time as we continue our extensive programme of exhibitions, drawn from our own collection and national and international loans.

This is a fixed-term opportunity for 22 months.

Further details: http://login.amris.com/wizards/nationalgallery/vacancyView.php?requirementId=MTcwNg==&jId

[The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN]<http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk>
[“supportus”]<https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/support-us/gifts>