From:
"Sparacino, Eliza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:32:05 -0500
Hi Rob,

We've been tackling the same issue at MoMA. There is a museum-wide need to access publication-resolution files and generate smaller renditions for both collection and non-collection images. After extensive research by our IT department, a program called Image Portal SE by NetXposure was selected. Price and flexibility were two big factors in this selection and we are still working with NetX to customize certain features.

We are currently working on a link between TMS and Image Portal to add TMS metadata for reference purposes. It is still a work in progress and has not been rolled out to any of our users yet. TMS will continue to manage reference jpegs for the collection, but Image Portal will ultimately provide the images for public access projects such as the kiosk and website, as well as for publications and any other projects where high-resolution images are required.

Best regards,

Eliza Sparacino
Manager, Collection and Exhibition Technologies

The Museum of Modern Art
http://www.moma.org <http://www.moma.org/>