From:
"Thompson, Dave" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:26:42 +0000
Hi Christina,

We're about to start using a combination of loan-level flex fields (for courier, insurance, and other fees), and shipment-step text entries to track detailed shipping fees.  We're able to get much more specific about shipping fees using the text entries, although they have to be entered in a very specific way for them to work correctly. We are currently on TMS 2014, about to upgrade to 2016 next month, so we haven't implemented it yet since flex fields are so much easier to query in 2016, plus we have a bit of tweaking to do in the Courier section. Attached is a draft report for a test record to show you more-or-less what the output will look like. My master plan is to be able to roll this information up to the exhibition level so you can see the costs from a high level, and drill-down on specific loans and shipments. Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like more specific information.

David Thompson | MFAH
TMS Administrator

The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
PO Box 6826 | Houston, Texas 77265-6826
5100 Montrose Boulevard | Houston, Texas 77006

713.639.7580  o
281.330.3803  m