From:
Chad Petrovay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2019 15:08:01 -0400
The Morgan uses TMS alongside a library system (ILS), as such some of our
records exist in TMS and can be edited in TMS, and others are from the ILS
and can only be edited in the ILS. So for every curatorial department,
there are two departments in TMS, one for their objects and one for their
ILS objects (They have different rights for each department).

[image: image.png]

We use an Authority field on the ObjContext table called "Standardized
Department" that has the curatorial department names, and developed a
trigger that updates this value whenever the object's department is
changed. The Authority field does not appear on any data entry forms.

[image: image.png]

We replaced the Department field in Query Assistant with the ObjContext
Authority field; curators can search their entire collection without
worrying about where the records come from.