From:
Jeffrey Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:58:23 -0400
You can't with Crystal 8.5. But I'm pretty sure that Crystal 11 allows you
to link to the image directory and then have the report pull the image you
need, formatting it on the fly. Lots and lots of 18 Mb files could slow that
down, I suppose.

If anyone has had success in doing this, it would be great to hear about
it.

Jeffrey Smith
Assistant Registrar for Collections Information
Freer Gallery of Art & Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
Smithsonian Institution
P.O. Box 37012
Sackler 1040, MRC 707
Washington, D.C. 20013-7012
tel: 202-633-0348
fax: 202-633-9770
http://www.asia.si.edu

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/07/06 03:38PM >>>
Hi Everyone.

I am trying to find a way to include large images in reports,
particularly condition reports, that could be accessible to users
through the reports menu in TMS.  Crystal Reports v. 8.5 allows for the
use of thumbnails, but full-size images are a different story.

I have tried including the ThumbBLOB field and simply stretching it, but
it yields a very poor quality result.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Sarah Evans
Assistant Registrar
Dallas Museum of Art