From:
Angela Steinmetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:17:36 +0000
Hi Gloria-

Here's what we use aside from See Also at the Smart Museum (Parent -
Child):

Book - Page(s)
Installation - Component(s)
Object - Accessory (Accessories)
Object - Part(s)
Portfolio - Photograph(s)
Portfolio - Print(s)
Set - Piece(s)
Whole - Recto
Whole - Verso

Angie

Angela Steinmetz
Head Registrar
Smart Museum of Art
T 773.702.0175

On 9/12/13 5:20 PM, "Gloria Martinez" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear TMS Users:

Our Museum recently underwent a migration of data to TMS.  We are going
through data clean-up and will be tackling the linking of records through
Parent-Child associations.  Before I can begin this project, I have a few
questions regarding the use of the "See Also" association.

--How are most of you using this association? I am interested in examples
of the types of records being linked this way.

--How are you defining "Relation1" and "Relation2" in the Relationship
Authority? Is anyone using anything other than "See Also-See Also"?

--What is the best way to associate prints from the same portfolio/series
accessioned at different times (other than through the Portfolio/Series
field)? Would the "See Also" association be an option?

Best regards,

Gloria Martinez
Associate Registrar
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
following commands in the body of the email: