From:
Karen Casey Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:12:07 -0400
We are in the process of converting over to TMS and I am wondering if anyone would be willing to share any screen shots of a object records for coins in their database. We have just completed our second iteration and are trying to figure if there is a better way to convert/display coin cataloguing data in TMS, given that the data is quite different than the remaining works in our predominantly fine art collection

Currently our Front Card tab displays only Classification, Date, Dimensions and Current Location. We then set most of the descriptive information such as Obverse/Reverse Description, Expanded, Legend, Translated, Scholarly Reference as Text Entries in the Notes tab; Minting Location and Region in Geography Xrefs field in the Context tab and any remaining information like Denomination, Historical Period, Language, Metal, Language and Minting Official in the Attributes field under the Other tab.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Karen

Karen Casey Hines Assistant Registrar Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center
Vassar College Box 703, 124 Raymond Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY  12604 | T845.437.5249 F845.437.5955
On exhibit June 24-September 4 A Taste for the Modern http://fllac/vassar.edu/