From:
Evan Ehrenhalt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:18:06 -0400
Hello,

We are planning on going live with TMS in December.
We are new to this and would like to get some stuff going before our
training class. I am the DBA who is covering until we get an application
manager up to speed.

We are having the old text database converted by Gallery. The digital
images are available for capture into the Gallery system. Each image is
available as a TIF, JPG, optimized JPG, and BMP. The file name is the
accession number.

We would like to record the image records with the same number as the
object records.

Example of a architectural image of the Whitehouse for the Art History
Department:
Object 12345 - Front view of Whitehouse.
Image record 0012345-1 should have u:\arthist\arch\tif\12345.tif
Image record 0012345-2 should have u:\arthist\arch\jpg\12345.jpg
Image record 0012345-3 should have u:\arthist\arch\opt\12345.jpg
Each image record should have the thumbnail
u:\arthist\arch\thumb\12345.bmp

Does anyone have a way to capture image records based on the name of the
file being captured?

What about bulk load of records for images to match objects?

Is there a way to mass link image records with the same root as object
records?

Our database is an Oracle 8.1.7.4 database on Windows 2000.

Thanks,

Evan

---
Evan S. Ehrenhalt, DBA