From:
Annie VanAssche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:14:50 -0400
Hi Noel:

Why not do it this way:

1. Create Object record for objects in performance. Yes.
2. On Documentation card, add related exhibition information in Exhibition History field (Documentation card). Your example is exactly the type of data for which this field is meant.
3. Of course, you can also create media records for video(s) of performance(s) and link the Media record to object record.
4. I like the Event record idea. Link to Object record(s). But, if the only info you have is name and place of event, I don't know if it's worth it. Do you also know names of performers? And dates, funders/sponsors, organizer of event? If so, then creating an Events record would be great.
5. "33rd National Artists' Salon" should NOT go in Historical Attributions field (unless you NEVER use this field for attributions, and you want to repurpose and relabel it...).  Why not put "33rd National Artists' Salon" in Remarks field in Geo. xref table? That way, it'll display w/location/geography data.
7. Great use of Geo. xref field!
That's my 2-cents ;-)
Your neighbor at Gallery Systems,
Annie