From:
Stephanie Leverock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:46:19 -0400
Hi Fellow TMS Users,
I am wondering how other institutions have set up shipping records for
incoming loans for special traveling exhibitions and if any one can offer
suggestions.  Here at the BMA although we have been using the Shipping
Module, during  the next year will be using Shipping for the first time for
a BMA organized Special Exhibition of over 75 objects.

1) For incoming loans from different lenders, do you set up one shipping
record per loan and then enter Lender as the "Shipped from" Constituent?

2) Let's say there are 4 incoming loans from CA and are to be picked up by
the same carrier and consolidated at their warehouse and delivered to your
institution.   Would you add all 4 loans to one shipping record?  If so,
would you enter the shipper as the "Shipped From" constituent AND as the
Carrier on the Steps card?

I appreciate any advice!  Thanks, Stephanie

Stephanie Leverock
Records Manager/Collections Review Coordinator
Brooklyn Museum of Art
200 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, New York 11238
Tel: (718) 501-6483