From:
Danielle Uchitelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 21:34:40 +0000
Fellow Listserv members,

My own thinking about how to manage archives has evolved over the last few years.  I now recommend using the hierarchy control in a user-designed form (Flex Form) which can display a term entry from the Thesaurus.  Use the “set level” function on the thesaurus node to describe and set the archive level (fond, series, subseries, box, folder, etc) for each object being described in TMS.

Here’s a screenshot of one example.  Note also the dataview that displays top, fond-level information plus aggregated item level information as you page  from record to record.

We’re planning a webinar for later this summer or early Fall that will cover archive cataloging in TMS using this technique.  Meanwhile, you can contact me directly if you have questions.

[cid:image003.png@01CF8A52.6515C2B0]

Best,
Danielle
Danielle Uchitelle | Managing Director
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 646.733.2239 x264
GallerySystems | www.gallerysystems.com<http://www.gallerysystems.com/>