Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Museum System (TMS) Users" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jeff Steward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 08:52:53 -0400
Hi Chad,

At the MFA, Boston we place little meaning in the filename. Here is the
general breakdown.

If an asset is purely digital and created by our Digital Image Resources
department, the file gets the prefix SC and then the next available
number starting from one. So the very first digital image is SC1.

All of our physical media cataloged in our Visual Archives have numbers
based on the type/size (ex: CR1234 for Chrome film). That number is used
as its rendition number in TMS. If the physical media is scanned, the
image is named using the same number.

If an asset is purely digital and created by our conservation
department, the file gets the prefix CON and then the next available
number starting from one. So the very first digital image is CON1.

We are in the process of scanning the physical media scattered among our
conservation labs. Since this media wasn't cataloged in any organized
fashion, we are using the CON prefix for those files as well.

TMS images are jpeg format at 72dpi, 1600 pixels on the longest side.
Thumbnail and screen sized images use the same filename.
Master images are uncompressed TIFF format, resolution varies depending
on method captured.

Jeff

Jeff Steward
Manager of Collections Information Systems
Department of Collections Management
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
phone: 617-369-3450
fax: 617-247-9063