From:
Ella Rothgangel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 11:57:02 -0500
Kate -

We use the object status field primarily for registration purposes.  We
have a lengthy list, but since few users have the ability to change
statuses, and since we put the definition list as a plug-in, it works
for us.

One item to consider is possibly using departments to categorize the
digital images because you can control security rights based on
department (but not based on object status).  We have a department
called "Exhibitions" and objects lent strictly for exhibitions are
assigned to that department, because we can control data entry for
exhibition objects separate from collection-related objects.  Of course,
there is always more than one way to do something, and while this works
for us, it may not work for your situation.

Hope this helps -

Ella

Ella Rothgangel

Collections Database Administrator