From:
Richard Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:03:39 -0800
Dear Nathan,

Much of our use of TMS is remote. We have Server 2003 set up for access via
Microsoft Remote Desktop. Our users can log on from any computer, either Mac
or PC, that has access to the Internet. The secret to acceptable speed is to
set the display option to 256 colors. This shortens response time
dramatically. The downside is that the images show up in cartoon colors, but
for data entry and most inquiries, this doesn’t matter. When you need to see
an image in full color, just disconnect from the server and reconnect at
high color. Your TMS session remains right where you left it.

Feel free to contact me if you want more information.

Richard Grant
The Richard Diebenkorn Catalogue Raisonné Project
3200 College Avenue #2
Berkeley, CA 94705
510-428-1400
510-459-4556 (mobile)