From:
Ella Rothgangel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:58:27 -0600
Two small questions –

Do other museums enter values into the TMS value screen from sales or
appraisals given prior to the piece’s acquisition by the museum?  I do
not mean just-prior-to the acquisition, but significantly before
acquisition.  Do you keep track of that value information in TMS?  If
you enter them, what valuation purpose do you give?

Second, we have paintings and drawings in the collection with images on
both sides (recto and verso).  I was wondering how other museums have
addressed cataloging these in TMS?  Do you make separate records for
each?

Thank you!

Ella Rothgangel
Collections Database Administrator