From:
"Aylsworth, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:25:09 -0500
I'm trying to wrap my mind around a crystal report that I can't quite
figure out.  So, of course, I have to pester your collective wisdom...

We have an exhibition that is predominantly composed of loans from other
institutions, but will also include objects from our own collection.
They wanted a report that grouped the objects that are from each lender,
but they also want the objects that are from our collection to appear,
grouped with our museum as the owner.

For objects that are borrowed, we have an acquisition related
constituent with a role of "owner", but for works from our collection,
we do not list ourselves as the "owner".  An easy fix to this would be
to just add ourselves as the owner, but I wonder if there's a not so
difficult way of having the report recognize when things do not have an
owner and knowing to group the objects under our name?  Has anyone
written a formula that does something like that?  Is it even possible?

I hate to manipulate the records so that the report will print out
right, but I sort of don't see any other way around it.

Naturally, I'd appreciate any help you can give me...

Thanks,

David

David Aylsworth

Collections Registrar