From:
Amy McKune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:59:28 -0500
I am new to this list, so I'm not sure if it is appropriate to put job
announcements on the listserv.  If it is frowned upon, please forgive
me.  Since we have been using TMS for about a year, we want to reach
potential candidates with TMS experience.

Registrar

The Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, Indianapolis,
IN, seeks an experienced registrar to administer all record systems
related to its growing collection, active loan program, and dynamic
temporary exhibitions schedule.  This position within the collections
management team will have significant responsibilities in the
development and maintenance of the museum's TMS database; overseeing
collection image management and digitization; developing and maintaining
all loan and accession/deaccession documentation; coordinating the
cataloguing, loans, packing, shipping, and in-house movement of museum
objects.  BA in art history, anthropology, or related field with three
years museum registration experience and proficiency with collection
management software necessary.  MA in museum studies, experience with
TMS, and familiarity with Western American and Native American art and
material culture much preferred.  To apply, send resume, cover letter,
salary history and three professional references by March 1, 2006 to:
Personnel, Eiteljorg Museum, 500 West Washington St., Indianapolis, IN
46204-2707, fax: (317) 264-1724 or email: [log in to unmask]

Thanks.  I look forward to participating with the group on interesting
TMS topics.

Amy McKune
Director of Museum Collections
Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
500 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2707
(317) 275-1358
(317) 275-1400 (Fax)