Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 21:01:38 +0000
From:
"Robinson, Lauren B." <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
"The Museum System (TMS) Users" <[log in to unmask]>

I schedule one-hour training sessions with new TMS users. The training covers the basics like searching, navigating between the modules, running reports,  changing views and creating/modifying packages. I find that around one hour is the sweet spot for most people - less than is not enough time to cover the basics, and more than can be overwhelming. I also add them to our TMS Teams channel and link them to our TMS Resource Center. The TMS Resource Center is a notebook organized by module. I update it constantly - much of the content has been generated by people asking questions.

Depending on the specific work tasks of the new user, I will schedule follow-up training sessions, after they have settled into their role a bit more.

If there are multiple new users starting around the same time with similar roles or security permissions, I try to schedule them together for sessions. I find people more engaged with the content and willing to ask questions when they are in small groups.

Best wishes,

Lauren

Lauren Robinson, TMS Database Administrator

she / her / hers

Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum

2 East 91st Street

New York, NY 10128

Reserve your ticket<https://www.cooperhewitt.org/?utm_source=chstaff&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=chsig> | See what’s on view<https://www.cooperhewitt.org/events/current-exhibitions/?utm_source=chstaff&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=chsig>

Instagram<https://s.si.edu/2NUClRe> | Facebook<https://s.si.edu/37p7iFb> | YouTube<https://s.si.edu/2RO4evr>