From:
"Smith, Jeffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2018 16:32:26 +0000
Despite training, we sometimes suffer from duplicate Constituents. I have found the safest way to swap them for a single, correct Constituent record is to add the word “DELETE” to the display name, then go to each instance and add the correct Constituent with desired role, etc. and delete the ones marked “DELETE.” Then go to the erroneous Constituent records, try to delete, and if there are still links, TMS will tell you where they are. You then have to track them down and swap them for the correct one.

Swapping linked Constituent IDs via SQL can be done but is dangerous – you have to take into account the default Name ID and the two ConXrefDetails links. It’s too easy to overlook something and bollix it up.