From:
Ella Rothgangel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:49:28 -0500
There might be an easier way to do this, but here is our current
solution to the italicize/underline question.  We use this solution for
our collections committee "agenda" report which requires printing some
italicized words in the title and curatorial remarks fields.

We add html markup tags to the Unicode fields (title and curatorial
remarks), then print those fields on the report (from the ObjContext
table).  Then in Crystal, in the Format field box, Paragraph tab, there
is a place to change "text interpretation" to html text.  Change that
and the report will print according to the tags.

One note, once the field is interpreted as html, the paragraph return
breaks need to be added as html tags as well.  This is an issue for us
with our Curatorial Remarks field, where we often have several
paragraphs of text that are double spaced between each paragraph.

My biggest drawback with this method is that we are adding the title and
remarks to two different fields (the TMS cardinal sin).  But users don't
like to see the html tags in their "regular" fields, and this is a
fairly limited use.  I am curious though if others have solutions that
are easy and work better.

Good luck David - hope this helps.

Ella

Ella Rothgangel

Collections Information and Imaging Administrator

Saint Louis Art Museum

314.655.5408

314.721.6172 fax