From:
Frances Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:23:43 -0400
A member of our accounting department will be in Boston the morning of October 23, 2009. He has conducted random audits in our storage areas for a couple of years now (as a check and balance between inventories conducted by registration) and it has become clear that our workflow for recording location changes manually and then entering them into TMS is not keeping pace with our growth. His interest in our long standing desire to improve efficiency and accuracy will be key to gaining institutional support for barcoding the collection.

I would love for him to see a working setup for tracking inventory via the TMS barcode manager while he is in Boston, so he can add strength to our advocacy for this overdue improvement. If you are in a position to help on such short notice, please contact me off list.

Many thanks,
Frances

Frances R. Francis | Registrar
High Museum of Art | 1280 Peachtree Street, NE | Atlanta, GA 30309
tel: 404.733.4480 | fax: 404.733.4502 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>