From:
"Welsh, Sylvia C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2019 17:14:55 +0000
External Email - Exercise Caution
Hi TMS list!

We are looking at improving our tracking of metadata related to specific media files. The example I can offer is that we collect certain file types, like .dwg, which we record as Media related to an Object. For the use-copy we provide to patrons we may need to forward migrate the files, e.g. AutoCAD version 8 to AutoCAD 2019. We would like to know if/how other institutions are tracking changes (forward migration, transformation, etc.) they make to media files in TMS? What field(s) are you using? How detailed are your notes?

We were thinking that ideally we would use a field in the Media Record and it would be one which is serviced by Media Loader and/or can be bulk created and edited via queries.

Thank you in advance!

Sylvia,

Sylvia Welsh, CA, LEED AP (she/her/hers)

Harvard Property Information Resource Center
1350 Massachusetts Avenue, 585
Cambridge, MA 02138
T 617-496-8275  F 617-495-0559