From:
"Thrift, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 16:46:57 -0400
NPG curators, exhibitions staff, and interns all help to enter the data and images directly into TMS for exhibitions planning.  Curators generally begin with the research records of the Catalog of American Portraits that are on TMS and create object packages for the objects they are interested in.  Then they do further research and find other portraits and enter them in TMS as exhibition records.  Once the exhibition is firmed up, an exhibition record is created and the objects are linked to the exhibition.