From:
Karen Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:54:53 -0400
Hello fellow TMSs,

We are an academic collection of approximately 20,000 objects and are under
the larger umbrella of a college campus community. Our TMS currently runs
on Oracle, however we are considering, very seriously, switching to SQL, as
this seems much more prevalent in the TMS world. We have very little
expertise/technical support internally, as we are the only department on
campus that uses this software. Additionally we will most likely move to an
external hosting server for both TMS and Emuseum.

Two questions:

1. Is anyone out there already using external hosting for either/both TMS
and Emsuem?

2. Has anyone else out there been through the process of converting from
Oracle to SQL?

If either of these situations apply to you, I would be very interested to
hear what your experiences have been and what advise you would like to
share.

Much appreciated,
Karen

*Karen Casey Hines* Assistant Registrar* Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center *

*Vassar College *Box 703, 124 Raymond Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604* | T*
845.437.5249* | **F*845.437.5955* |* *http://fllac.vassar.edu/
<http://fllac.vassar.edu/>*

April 29 - August 21, 2016* Touch the Sky: Art and Astronomy*