From:
Rebecca Engelhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 22:58:10 -0700
I haven't been a TMS user for about two years, but I find myself still connected to the list serve.  So.... I'm taking the opportunity to ask your opinions...At the Museum of Glass we are officially a non-collecting museum (although we have a small and "growing" study collection of objects that were made in our hot shop on site).  However, we have a tremendous amount of digital imagry that relates to our exhibitons and programming, in particular our working glass hot shop and series of visiting artists.  I am considering recommending TMS as a solution to managing digital images (that number in the thousands and live all over our various servers, hard drives, and cd collections).  As users of TMS do you find the media module strong enough to be the main reason why an institution might purchase the program?  Thanks for any input. Rebecca.

Rebecca J. Engelhardt
Registrar/Collections Manager
Museum of Glass: International Center for Contemporary Art
1801 Dock Street
Tacoma, WA  98402
253-284-4705

Frances Francis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks to Jenny Wilker (and confirmed by GS support) I've learned that version 9.1531 is missing the New Object Number field in the deaccession configuration/query group hierarchies. 9.2 has an Objects subfolder under Deaccessioning/Object Deaccessioning Use, which makes queries much more useful. Lovely!

Frances R. Francis
Registrar
High Museum of Art
1280 Peachtree Street, NE